Wednesday 19 January 2011

New Options.

I guess a lot of people who buy their cars new go through this, but its a first for me. My Scirocco GT is on order, but not yet confirmed - but VW have changed the list of available options, and I should be able to take advantage of any of these new things before my build date is confirmed.

Following on from my earlier post about Options, there is now a cheaper Navigation system available - but after a couple of quick checks, it cannot be specified with DAB. So that's still a no then.

The Bluetooth add on now appears attractive however - I'd written the old one off because it only worked on RSAP, effectively making sure that it would only integrate properly with Nokia phones - this has now been replaced with an HFP system which should work with practically anything. Will probably go with that.

Only other thing that I'm not sure about is the Multifunction Display now has a Colour option at £180. I'm going to dig a bit more... If it's exactly the same unit but in colour then £180 seems expensive.

Update 25/1/11:
Done it. HFP Bluetooth ordered assuming the order hasn't become confirmed - if it has a dealer fit option will replace it for about the same price.

While I was talking to the dealer, I also ordered the Autoglym lifeshine protection. The Dealer enthused about how good it was, especially inside - I know, he's supposed to enthuse about stuff like that, but he was more excited about me ordering the lifeshine than he was when I ordered the car. Mind you, I suppose its possible he makes more in commission for selling a car wash that a car!

Only other thing sorted was the number plates. I've asked for Euro marker plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment