Thursday 1 March 2012

Approaching the end of year 1

It's been a while since I updated this blog - mainly because my experience with the car has been so positive that I have very little to actually say about it. This car really does do everything you could reasonably expect of it.

We had a little snow again this winter - not as bad as previous years but a few inches setted on the roads. I thought that I'd really miss the 4 wheel drive of my old Jaguar, but actually the little VW behaved itself perfectly (in the wake of sliding BMW's).

So at almost a year old I've booked the car in for its first service, and I'm not expecting it to be a big deal - the dealer suggested the work could be done while I wait.

I have asked them to look at two problems with the car; firstly, I don't think the alignment of the headlights has ever been right - they are bright enough, but too low to see up the road when not on full beam.
Secondly, the bluetooth phone unit stopped working. I know the unit itself is under the drivers seat, and it stopped working when I put the seat back to let someone in the back. Hopefully this is just a connection, but I have to say that the hands free phone works fine on my portable sat-nav, so not a massive problem.

Something else I'll have to get sorted is the alloys. I think I've now managed to curb all four - mostly my fault, of course, but I'm not normally prone to that sort of think so the design of the wheels is obviously not very forgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment